Arcadia Fighters

0 world titles, the Golden Boy found

RISE UP

0 world titles, the Golden Boy found

Notapor xusuwen96 » Mar Dic 26, 2017 4:29 am

NEW YORK, N.Y. - Wearing a navy blue New York Yankees shirt, Jonathan Freedman lined up with other fans outside Gate 2 on Jerome Avenue and East 164th Street. Once he reached the front of the single-file line, he emptied his pockets into a plastic bin and was ushered through a metal detector. Welcome to Yankee Stadium, where security measures now resemble those at the airport. And starting next season, that will be the case at every ballpark in the big leagues. As part of Major League Baseballs security plan, metal detectors were added at some Yankee Stadium gates beginning Tuesday night, when New York hosted the Houston Astros. MLB has been working with the Department of Homeland Security to co-ordinate safety procedures, and all 30 big league parks will have metal detectors by opening day 2015. The Yankees tried to prepare fans for the change, announcing last Friday they would start implementing the new system on this homestand. It will remain in place for the rest of the season. Other stadiums have already put the metal detectors in place, too. "Im currently living abroad in Israel, so Im very proud that they have security here. Its been needed for a long time," the 30-year-old Freedman said. "It took a half a second. It was really fast and thorough and they were very courteous. ... All professional. It was all well done." Fans were asked to take cellphones and large metal objects out of their pockets before walking through the detectors to enter the ballpark. Those who didnt want to pass through the detectors could choose to be checked by security personnel with a hand-held device. "It wasnt that terrible," said Matt Lurin, 48. "I think in the past when we used to have to take our hats off and show nothing was underside, and take our stuff out of the pockets, it was the same thing. Youre less leaving this to chance now. You have a place to put your metal items. They slid it right by and we walked through. It was no problem." But what about when its a sellout crowd for a playoff game? Could delays become aggravating? "I think itll be fine. I used to find it strange when they asked me to take my wallet out, and I really dont feel comfortable taking my wallet out in the middle of the Bronx for no reason," Lurin said. "Now they give me a little thing, I put it right in, and it slides right over. Its on the table and I can see whats going on. It seems fine." About 30 minutes before the first pitch, the line was moving quickly and few fans were grumbling. At least not out loud. "Its frustrating when you see the door 5 feet away and theyre making you wait to go through, but other than that I havent heard any complaints," Lurin said. One security guard, however, mentioned that fans kept forgetting their bags, keys, wallets or phones in the bins as they headed toward the turnstiles after passing through the metal detector. It happened so often that a guard was stationed on the other side of the detector just to remind fans to retrieve their personal belongings. "Youve got to expect the unexpected living in New York," said 36-year-old Tony Rivera, who resides in Chicago. "Id rather be safe than sorry." ___ AP freelance writer Scott Orgera contributed to this report. Justise Winslow Jersey . -- Nick Bjugstad snapped out of his scoring slump and spoiled Drew MacIntyres first NHL start. Chris Bosh Jersey . Peter Dawson took his long before he started the job. "I was playing an American one year at Oxford Golf Club, and he introduced me to this travelling mulligan," Dawson said. http://www.basketballheatshop.com/Cheap ... ersey/.com) - Patrik Elias registered the winner in the shootout as New Jersey nipped Toronto 2-1 at Prudential Center on Wednesday. Goran Dragic Jersey . Jesus Navas bookended yet another huge home win for City by scoring after 14 seconds and again in second-half stoppage time, with Sergio Aguero also netting in each half to add to an own goal by Sandro and a brilliant strike by Alvaro Negredo. Kelly Olynyk Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork.CANASTOTA, N.Y. -- Capping a career that included 10 titles in six weight divisions, an Olympic gold medal and 10 world titles, the Golden Boy found a permanent home. Oscar De La Hoya was inducted Sunday into the International Boxing Hall of Fame. "Today marks an incredible personal achievement," said De La Hoya, who had an amateur record of 223-5 with 153 knockouts. "But it is only the latest milestone that never would have been possible without my family, my friends and, most of all, my fans." The Hall of Fames 25th class also included two of De La Hoyas contemporaries in the modern era -- Puerto Rican star Felix "Tito" Trinidad and Joe Calzaghe of Wales. Also inducted were: George Chaney, Charles Ledoux and Mike ODowd in the old-timer category; Tom Allen in the pioneer category; and promoter Barry Hearn, referees Richard Steele and Eugene Corri, journalist Graham Houston; and Sports Illustrated photographer Neil Leifer in the non-participant and observer categories. Inductees were selected by the Boxing Writers Association and a panel of international boxing historians. De La Hoya won the lightweight gold medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona. He turned pro later that year and captured his first world title, the WBO super-featherweight crown, in only his 12th bout. De La Hoya also won titles as a lightweight, light welterweight, welterweight, light middleweight and middleweight. His 2007 bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr. was one of the richest in boxing history, attracting nearly 2.5 million pay-per-view fans. He retired after a 2008 loss to Manny Pacquiao with a professional record of 39-6 with 30 knockouts and in 2002 established Golden Boy Promotions. De La Hoya touched on numerous topics during his speech, including the future of the sport. "We must put aside the egos that have damaged our brannd and sullied our reputation," he said.dddddddddddd"We, the promoters, must stop carrying petty grudges that serve no purpose but to divide our sport. And most important, we must give the fans the fights that they want." The fame hasnt come without some of the bad. De La Hoya admitted himself to a treatment facility in September as he continues to fight substance abuse. The move came on the eve of the biggest fight of the year for his promotion company between Mayweather and Canelo Alvarez. De La Hoya first admitted two years ago that he was an alcoholic and drug user and had been in treatment. Trained by his father, Trinidad began boxing at age 10 in his native Puerto Rico and became one of its most accomplished fighters, posting a 51-6 amateur record before turning pro. He stopped Maurice Blocker in two rounds to capture the IBF welterweight crown in his 20th pro bout and defended his title 15 times, one of those a controversial 12-round majority decision over De La Hoya. Trinidad moved up in weight to win the WBA light middleweight title from David Reid in March 2000 and later that year unified titles with a 12th-round knockout against IBF champ Fernando Vargas. In 2001, he became a three-division champion with a fifth-round knockout of William Joppy for the WBA middleweight title. The three-time world champ was a fan favourite because of his big-punching style and devastating left hook. "This is a great honour for me, my father, my family and my whole team," Trinidad, who retired in 2009 with a record of 42-3 with 35 knockouts, said in December when he learned of his selection. "This is the biggest triumph of my career." Calzaghe was the Rocky Marciano of his division -- nobody beat him in 46 professional bouts, which included a division-record 21 defences of his super middleweight title. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
xusuwen96
Bottom Tier

michael kors factory outlet

Notapor linmangmu » Mié Dic 27, 2017 6:33 am

tory burch outlet
kobe basketball shoes
nike huarache
authentic jordans
hermes birkin
adidas tubular
kobe 11
michael kors handbags